B2B Marketers – Our Time Has Come
As B2B Marketers, we often lack the respect we’d like and the resources we need.
70% of the B2B buying journey happens without Sales’ interaction.
Today’s business buyers do not contact suppliers directly until 57 percent of the purchase process is complete.
-Google/CEB Marketing Leadership Council 2012 study (1,500 business leaders who have recently been involved in major B2B purchases)
Read More >
“…today’s buyers might be anywhere from two-thirds to 90% of the way through their journey before they reach out to the vendor. For many product categories, buyers now put off talking with salespeople until they are ready for price quotes.”
-Lori Wizdo, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Within our organizations, Salespeople are hailed as rain makers and Engineers are the geniuses behind product development. Even as digital Marketers, we’re overshadowed by B2C Marketers, as historically most tools and education have been focused on solving for B2C, because that’s where the biggest budgets lie.
Enough is enough.
It’s time for online marketers to band together and chart our own path. Let’s use the new Company Buying Journey approach to demonstrate our value to our organizations and our industry.
The Change Has Come
Our traditional means of competitive advantage have disappeared…
- Our markets are constantly disrupted as the speed of innovation is faster than ever.
- Our competition moves quickly and comes from unexpected new sources.
- Our customers have seized control of the buying process now that they have constant connectivity to all information.
So… we must build relationships with customers by providing real value and relevance… by delivering the information they want at each phase of their buying journey.
To do this, we will leverage data to:
- Gain deep insights about our customers’ needs in each phase of this journey
- Align our Marketing activities to meet these needs.