Successfully Leveraging Email Marketing During the Explore Phase
IF YOU HAVE THEIR EMAIL (but don’t have an email marketing automation platform)…
Do “manual marketing”:
- Segment your email list of prospects (including current customers of other products) based on Phase and problem they’re trying to solve
- Map out a series of emails
- Create email and landing page content and
- Deliver these emails in batches
YOU PROBABLY WON’T HAVE THEIR EMAIL…
Especially if you’re an SMB or in a new market, you probably won’t have email addresses for the majority of your prospects in this Phase.
Email list rental (like display advertising and social media) is well suited to let these prospects know you have materials to help them.
- Use advanced targeting methods to find customers in this phase.
Read More >
YOU’RE HERE TO HELP
The sole purpose of email content is to let prospects know you have resources related to their research needs in this stage.
- Don’t try to put the content in the email body.
- Don’t try to talk about you – Read more about creating the right content
For both house-list emails and email list rental you should customize text, images, and calls-to-action based on segmentation criteria. And email is great for conducting controlled messaging tests – you can apply the learning across other activities.