Successfully Leveraging Paid Search During the Purchase Phase
GET GRANULAR – PAID SEARCH
In the Purchase phase, prospects are now more specific in their searches. For example, they may want detailed information on your product or how to connect with you in person.
So, your Paid Search campaign should be more granular and more branded. Refine your segmentation to better align your campaigns, ad copy, keywords, landing pages and content with prospect needs in the Purchase phase. Prospects are now familiar with comfortable using your branded terms to search.
Use both customer data and your goals to optimize ad copy
- First, clearly define your search engine marketing goals
- Then, look at search query data to understand how prospects are researching
- Then optimize your ad copy to directly answer their questions or terms
- For example:
- Marketing Goal: Increase sales of ‘large batch’ lighting fixture packs for large facilities
- Situation: People clicking on your ads are looking to order one or two fixtures
- The data shows: Purchase phase prospects are using the keyphrase “by the pallet”
- Optimize: You change the copy on your paid search ad to include “by the pallet” and you’ve qualified visitors to those buying in large quantities.