View Other Council Profiles:
Vice President, Marketing and Content Strategy / SAP
Michael’s Takeaway Video
- At SAP, we are trying to move away from helping our sales people sell to helping our buyers buy. We are looking at conversion rate – not just the kind of content or assets we produced but things that are being used and kind of things that are getting used that are then driving conversion for our customers.
- It is up to us as marketers to get out and be on the forefront of educating early before we bring them into a sale conversation
- Buyers are expecting more from us early. Also, they are expecting value in each stage of the buying cycle.
- When developing a strategic roadmap, focus on delivering content that customer is actually going to read (have an editorial mindset) and deliver on the pace of change that customers are requiring fast enough.
- Have a Transformation agenda that includes here is where we want to be, here are the steps to get there, and here are the stages.
Michael Brenner Profile
Michael Brenner is the Vice President of Global Marketing for SAP where he leads content strategy and serves as the managing editor of the company’s award-winning Business Innovation thought leadership blog site. He is also the author of B2B Marketing Insider, a contributor to Forbes and a frequent speaker at industry events covering topics such as marketing strategy, social business, content marketing, digital marketing, social media and personal branding.